Now that you’ve decided to go after your dreams, here is what your Smart School of Professional Interior Redesign / Home Staging Training program will include:
1. Classroom Instruction:
Your learning experience is enhanced through diverse teaching methods of audio, visual and practical participation opportunities. It’s fun, educational and inspiring.
The classroom portion of the program consists of:
Learning the fundamentals of the Redesign process and technique development.
An entire segment on Home Staging principals and client & agent relations.
Video presentation of HGTV featured redesign projects.
Over 8 hours of Business, Marketing and promotional start-up guidelines
2. Hands-On Redesign/Home Staging Experience:
There is one principle my colleagues and I firmly believe in when it comes to YOUR Redesign education and ability to run a successful Redesign / Home Staging business. You Must Learn By Doing!
No matter what your skill level is, no matter what you have heard, seen or read, I can tell you from the heart,”It is not possible to fully understand or grasp the process of interior redesign / home staging PROPERLY and PROFESSIONALLY unless student/instructor hands-on guidance is part of your learning module.”
As the saying goes, while it “looks good on paper”, you simply CANNOT learn the nuances and practical application of true Redesign/Home Staging from reading a book or taking an online course.
Therefore, I spend a great deal of time selecting the best training project homes available for your learning experience. PLUS I visit each one personally before I make my selections. In other words, we’re not just trying to recreate a home makeover experience in a classroom setting. I take each class to an “actual home” and we makeover one or more rooms. Joanne Crutchfield once quoted, “Attention to details has nothing to do with obtaining perfection; it has everything to do with taking pride in one’s work”.
I pride myself on often being “picky”! That’s why I insist on previewing a minimum of 10 homes prior to each training program. It is my obligation as an instructor to give you the very best“real-life” Redesign practice opportunities I can provide. My goal is to match every Redesign home challenge with what you are learning in the classroom that day.
Your hands-on Redesign practice opportunities:
Reinforces the classroom theory of Redesign/Home Staging, putting it into practice – right away
Redesigns/Stagings are conducted in client homes for practical business environment experience
Practical application includes Redesign/Home Staging learning comparisons
3. A Comprehensive Training Manual:
Having taken many training programs myself, I’ve come to learn there are two kinds of course Interior Redesign/Home Staging training manuals. The one seen from the perspective of the trainer and the one viewed from the perspective of the “student”. I don’t know about you, but I much prefer when the course manual is speaking to me, as a student, rather then leaving me to decipher some hidden code only a seasoned pro would understand.
Therefore, I have carefully designed a manual written from a “student”perspective. It contains over 150+ pages of clear, concise information you are guaranteed to understand and be able to put to use. There are no fill-in the-blanks pages here! Everything you need to know is at your fingertips. Based on feedback from many of my students, I’m sure you will appreciate how your training manual will act as a resource guideline for years to come!
Your Course Manual Includes:
The Philosophy & Psychology of Interior Redesign
- What makes Redesign a unique and in-demand service
- The emotional, financial and psychological impact of a Redesign on the client
- How Redesign compares to Feng Shui Principles
Redesign Theory & Fundamental Principles
- What makes the Redesign process different from anything else you’ve ever learned
- The most innovative ways you can immediately access and display a room’s architectural features
- How to make a BIG impact with proper furniture placement
- Establishing key focal points and user-friendly traffic patterns
- Creative secrets for maximizing multiple room usages
- The fine art behind selecting and hanging art
- Accessory identification process and placement applications
- Overcoming and leveraging lighting challenges and solutions
- How to properly use plants and flowers as dynamic room accents
- Unlocking the true meaning behind basic design terminology
- Common errors found in most homes (they’re not what you think)
- Planning room décor from start to finish
Job Preparation & Work-Day Details
- Redesign safety guidelines
- Pre and Post redesign preparation and follow up
- The all important job supply list with “Tips & Tools” of the trade
- Hiring and Training Assistants (believe me, you’ll want to know this)
Home Staging for Real Estate Sales
- Demystifying the difference between Redesign and Home Staging
- How to boost a home’s selling price with the right preparation
- Creating a selling “team”
- Five SMART steps to staging a home properly and the SMART keys to a successful home sale
- Property evaluating tips and guidelines
- Hands-on experience staging a home for sale (when available)
Business & Marketing
- The insider tips for consulting like a pro
- How to launch your business from the ground-up
- Packaging and offering services that get you noticed
- How to get clients chasing you, instead of you chasing them
- Behind the scenes look at marketing that really works
- Networking that is fun and profitable
- How to leverage public speaking for generating leads
- Know how price your Redesign fees (this is critical to your success)
- Low-cost and no-cost marketing strategies
- Sample business forms, tips and guidelines
4. Additional Support:
Over the course of the five-day class, I’ll provide you with the essential support that makes this one of the most comprehensive and effective courses of its kind. You will receive:
- Morning munchies, lunch, snacks and beverages each day.
- Transportation to and from the Redesign homes
- Lots of fun and essential “goodies” to get you started on your way.
- Career support from me, your primo “cheerleader,” after you complete the program.
- A certificate of completion.
- The opportunity to return for a program “refresher” at no additional cost.
- Discount opportunities on all my future teleseminars.
- Future website visibility, once your business is launched.
“A Fun and Exciting Environment.”
“I wanted to thank you for the wonderful training program you provided. You were professional in every aspect and you maintained a fun and exciting environment in which to learn. I greatly appreciate how well prepared you were for each day. The manual is well written and abundant with information, yet concise. It will continue to be a great resource. I feel I am well equipped to begin in the Interior Redesign business. Thank you again.” ~ Penny Elrich –Camarillo, CA. ~
“Your Organization & Knowledge Are Impressive.”
“Just a note to tell you how much I enjoyed your class and how very much I learned. Your organization and knowledge are impressive. I especially appreciated that youdid not waste my time or money! Thanks so much.” ~ Carol Nichols – Crescent City, CA. ~
“Wonderful Training Course.”
“I can’t thank you enough for the wonderful training course. I truly loved it! It was a great week and most important, I had loads of fun! You have a gift and it is amazing the way you are able to pass it on to your students. I’ll always treasure everything I learned during this process. Thanks again and God Bless you.”~ Giovanna Arruda – Oxnard, CA. ~
“Will Take My Redesign Career to the Next Level.”
“I can’t say it enough – thank you for the wonderfully organized, informative and fun class and for all your humor and thoughtful touches. The valuable tools you provided will take my Redesign career to the next level and I am so grateful.” ~ Sidney Zech – St. Paul, MN. ~